Getting back to the usual Zane...the one with eyes wide open, who doesn't fatigue, who "eats determination for breakfast". Slowly but surely...all things in time.
The best thing about not being able to drive is finding yourself taking it the very simple things...the deep purples, bright reds, the magentas and numerous shades of yellow. I can't say I notice how vibrant the fall flowers are in California...or actually anywhere. 36 years and I haven't noticed. The smaller lessons learned through those lemony type events in one's life.
Weekly lunch with a friend from work...he told me about his move to "the fishbowl". His previous loft was facing outward toward the parking lot, the new one--down the hall faces the courtyard. His stories are wonderful--what it is to live surrounded by foreign eyes. Coming out of the shower, what you watch on television, what you and your company are doing--all entertainment for those outside, a floor above across the way. It was an exceedingly good conversation. I imagine in a couple of weeks what he watches on television and who he is sleeping with will be a well known fact. What comes to mind is "freedom" and "not worrying about what others think" and "living out loud". It's about living out loud in a manner that is consistent with your values. I look forward to the weekly touch base and the laughter that boldly shouts to the world, "This is a life being lived!"