Monday, November 27, 2006

Turning the corner...

Jefferson has grown...a distance in his eyes that relays a sense of, "I'm on this journey." He has become a bit more humble...a bit more attuned...learning to be an active listener. "All you can do is show people what's possible...", "You just try to be supportive of your friends--tell them how proud you are that they are trying...and the guys who are doin' nothing...I don't know." I remember long conversations (way back when) about his friends in high school will always be his best friends. That was the fun factor, the validate who I am today factor. Jefferson has realised that his friends--those who he truly enjoys the company of, are those he shares common values with. His voice is tempered, pensive and his smile and laughter exuberant.

It was a good few days and very much look forward to xmas break.

Steve is in Chile now. His blog has some amazing photos. And I hope he has time to sit back and breathe. Just breathe.